• Advertisement

I am giving access to the new website!

Major announcements on forum settings to be made here.

I am giving access to the new website!

PostAuthor: Bing » Mon May 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Ok, I am at a place where I need help on the new website.
Some critique, some new articles (blogs), some window dressing advice and just general kick the tires sort of stuff.

What I am looking for are the following types of people for different user roles.

The user roles are as follows.
1. Administrator=Bing

2. Editor (I am looking for 3)

Users with the editor role in WordPress have full control on the content sections your website. They can add, edit, publish, and delete any posts on a WordPress site including the ones written by others. An editor can moderate, edit, and delete comments as well.
Editors do not have access to change your site settings, install plugins and themes, or add new users.

3. Author (looking for as many as I can get)

As the name suggests, users with the author role can write, edit, and publish their own posts. They can also delete their own posts, even if they are published.
When writing posts, authors cannot create categories however they can choose from existing categories. On the other hand, they can add tags to their posts (See: Categories vs Tags – Which one is better for SEO?).
Authors can view comments even those that are pending review, but they cannot moderate, approve, or delete any comments.
They do not have access to settings, plugins, or themes, so it is a fairly low-risk user role on a site with the exception of their ability to delete their own posts once they’re published.

4. Contributor (Looking for a few)

Contributors can add new posts and edit their own posts, but they cannot publish any posts not even their own. When writing posts they can not create new categories and will have to choose from existing categories. However, they can add tags to their posts.
The biggest disadvantage of a contributor role is that they cannot upload files (meaning they can’t add images on their own article).
Contributors can view comments even those awaiting moderation. But they cannot approve or delete comments.
They do not have access to settings, plugins, or themes, so they cannot change any settings on your site.

5. Subscriber (This will come later when we go live)

Users with the subscriber user role can login to your WordPress site and update their user profiles. They can change their passwords if they want to. They cannot write posts, view comments, or do anything else inside your WordPress admin area.
This user role is particularly useful if you require users to login before they can read a post or leave a comment.

So this is what i would like you to do.
PM me here or email me bing@traditionalamericanmovement.com with the role you would like and the username you want.
I will assign you a password and email or PM it back to you. Keep it safe and please change it once logged in. I will also give you the login url to goto.

Once you login there will be action things I want you to do and there will be posts on the main page you can read for the instructions. I will have more instructions as they warrant here in the coming days.

Thanks for your time!
Bing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements