• Advertisement

Major board update coming inna few weeks!

Major announcements on forum settings to be made here.

Major board update coming inna few weeks!

PostAuthor: Bing » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:46 pm

As some of y'all know I have been under the weather with a major cold so I been sleeping and thinking and researching and we will update our phpbb3 board to the newest version in about 3 weeks after my head clears.

We will not lose any posts or member information but we will lose all of our graphics and possibly our videos until I install the new versions of the extensions that will be needed for this upgrade.

I also am seriously looking at installing Wordpress on our server as a frontend to the forums so you will have one seamless login to access both areas. Both the frontend and the forums will be directly tied to each other. No hopping back and forth between the two.

I expect the forums to be down for 1-3 days but some functionality might be there for a week. Chat will be back and some other kewl features that we dont have here now will be implemented.

Lots of other stuff that would bore you to tears but we need to do this and I think this is as good of a time to upgrade as any.

If you would like to be a writer if I implement the Wordpress feature let me know as we will need authors for the frontpage. As we get rolling with this new website design we will get more authors that will want to be included I am sure.

Thanks for the time and stay well! I will keep you all informed of when this will take place.
Bing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Major board update coming inna few weeks!

PostAuthor: Ron_Adcox » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Thanks Bing. Didn't know you were sick, but missed your American by Design shows. Get well soon!
When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty! ObamaCare & IranNukeDeal are examples of Injustice becoming law!! Traditional Americans must resist by any means necessary, fair or foul.
Ron_Adcox
Moderators
Moderators

Re: Major board update coming inna few weeks!

PostAuthor: Bing » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:47 pm

Yea this cold is the worst I have had in several years. I lost my voice totally and am getting it back slowly but the coughing is killin me now.
Thanks for the concern. I will be OK. :)
Bing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements