• Advertisement

Board updates planned for 11-9-14

Major announcements on forum settings to be made here.

Board updates planned for 11-9-14

PostAuthor: Bing » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Sunday sometime during the day I will be updating this board to the latest version which has a ton of bells and whistles and also security improvements.
So if you try to log in and see that the board is temporarily down please try again later.

I dont expect it to take more than 3 hours or so.

Thanks,
Management.
Bing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Board updates planned for 11-9-14

PostAuthor: Ron_Adcox » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:23 pm

No, Sir. Thank you for your time and aggravation. Sure hope it helps my machine play with yours!

:mad01 :mad01 :mad01 :mad01
When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty! ObamaCare & IranNukeDeal are examples of Injustice becoming law!! Traditional Americans must resist by any means necessary, fair or foul.
Ron_Adcox
Moderators
Moderators

PostAuthor: Bing » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:00 pm

I found out that in order for me to do this update I cant just patch the old version. I will need to totally uninstall everything so I am waiting for an email to see what I will loose. I can make backups but I might have to reinstall all the extraneous stuff we have now and I dont know if I am up to that today.
I might wait till next Saturday when I am in a better frame of mind and have more time. I will let you know.
Bing
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostAuthor: hoodoo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Take the time you need, Brother. We all trust you. Great job!! :drinks
@fredbhouck

We ARE the Traditional Americans !

hoodoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostAuthor: Bing » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:07 pm

I found out that we will loose all the added mods I put on so the advanced bbcode editor will be gone, the gallery will be gone and so will the portal among other blocks and mods as phpbb only supports extensions now not mods.

We wont loose any data but any pic or video we added during the last 4 years using the bbcode editor I installed will be a broken link and as such will not look good for us on search engines.

The editor is the thing you see up top here. I did hear they are trying to roll out an "Extension" versus a mod for this but I dont know when that will be available.

So with all that, basically going back to square one I am going to hold off on this till I get more time ahead of me. So right now I am looking at some other formats that might help us better than phpbb right now.

But that is where we stand.
Bing
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostAuthor: Ron_Adcox » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:45 am

I guess then do what you can when you can. You know what I am dealing with. I surely miss Tradam. Happy Thanksgiving! Day by Day.
When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty! ObamaCare & IranNukeDeal are examples of Injustice becoming law!! Traditional Americans must resist by any means necessary, fair or foul.
Ron_Adcox
Moderators
Moderators

Return to Announcements