• Advertisement

What is a Traditional American

Reasons for why we are all here and what we do forthcoming.

What is a Traditional American

PostAuthor: hoodoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:38 pm

What is a Traditional American ?
When I was growing up I was a 'normal' American. Everyone I knew and every person society admired loved America and was proud of being an American. We knew that our representatives, for the most part, did as we directed, kept taxes low, respected and loved God, Motherhood, and baseball. We all knew the words and meaning behind our National Anthem and the Pledge of Allegiance. We were Americans.

About the time I graduated from high school, and after that fat ugly guy beat the UN podium with his cheap shoe, the hippies appeared to declare the "establishment " so "over". The stolid old-fashioned traditions of Christian morals , Right and Wrong, and National pride, held by "conservatives" were disdained by the 'flower children'. I enlisted for War, they marched in the streets against us. Now I was a war-mongering, xenophobe, and a prejudiced, narrow-minded "conservative. The protesters were "Liberals"

As the hippies went from the streets to the faculties, from the faculties to the LSM, and the demorat party, I remained a "conservative". Now I was told that I was among the abnormal fringe, right-wing. Part of a much maligned bunch of flag-waving Patriots of a bygone age. So Over. The odd thing was that I hadn't changed my views or ideals since back when I was a "normal" American.

I still believed that America, as I knew her, is the greatest Nation in the history of man. I still believed in God and Judeo-Christian morality, in the absolute value of the nuclear, hetero-sexual family. Anyone who argued against America in my presence still had a fight on their hands with an opponent who never learned to quit.

I recognized years ago that too many good American citizens had disengaged from their duty as citizens. Too many were willing to ignore the tyranny of the ever expanding government in the hands of self-serving politicians. I didn't have a voice that reached beyond my friends and associates and felt powerless. The new media changed that for all of us. We have no more excuses. We must rise to our duty as citizens and fight for this Nation here at home.

I call myself a Traditional American so that others can recognize me as a citizen who believes in America's founding principles, our Traditions as Americans. I have found that this label does not recall the media applied stigmas that have become attached to all of us "conservatives". Am I also a "Conservative" ? Of course I am and anyone who enters a conversation about the state of our Nation for more than one sentence knows that immediately. The neat thing is that they are still making conversation instead of drawing preconceived conclusions.

We are called to our duty as citizens to awaken our fellow Americans, enlist them in this fight, and raise the strongest voice heard in 233 years for the Real Americans to stand to the line and never yield our place until Victory is etched in the granite of the heart of OUR Nation once again. Fight hard, never falter. WE will NOT be RULED !!
@fredbhouck

We ARE the Traditional Americans !

hoodoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What is a Traditional American

PostAuthor: hoodoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:48 pm

This is an early explanation of my thoughts about who all of the members of this broad coalition of Americans are, all of the many groups who have risen to defend OUR Nation. We have offered this site as a Common Ground where everyone can talk and plan for this battle to retake OUR Nation. Add your thoughts please.
@fredbhouck

hoodoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostAuthor: Rhodes » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:03 pm

A Traditional American may be many things as each age has its own problems and solutions but there is one thing that defines an American over all other nations. We value above all earthy things the liberty of ourselves , our children, and even our enemies. We know the price paid for liberty is too high to let it slip though our fingers. We take to heart and value it so much we would rather do without than remove the liberty of others.

In short a Traditional American will always find himself in the minority as most will never see beyond their own aims and bias. But since being a true American is a goal to aspire to that is no short coming. In truth it is a process rather than an absolute and only when we no longer seek it do we lose it. This is why our country exists, to serve as an ideal of freedom, a beacon to the world, not an expansion of power.
Rhodes
Registered Member
Registered Member

PostAuthor: hoodoo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Rhodes, I agree EXCEPT that "a Traditional American will always find himself in the minority "...IF and only if he believes what the leftist propagandists say about America. On the other hand.... IF we consider the composition of all of the large and small rallies of this movement since it's birth early last year, the balance is on our side.

If we recognize that WE have changed the political conversation abruptly after 60 years of disgruntled but silent disgust at the actions of false servants, parasitic residents, and immoral libertines, THEN we cannot help but see that the real citizens of America are on their feet in protest and WE represent the majority.

We represent Americans who have always been proud of OUR Nation, fought all of her wars, produced all of her goods, and always believed that the original blueprint, The Constitution, built on the Judeo-Christian principles is the BEST design for the governance of a nation in the history of man. We also demand that the false servants get out of our way, get out of their offices, and then hide and watch while we return America to her proud roots and stature.

We outnumber the parasites and would be tyrants of this great land and as sovereign citizens declare it OURS !! WE will NOT be RULED !!
@fredbhouck

hoodoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostAuthor: Chuck » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:47 am

"whs :agree :boom
Without the hearts and minds of men, there is nothing
...refuse to willingly submit to illegal usurpation of power by the Central Government.
Chuck
Moderators
Moderators

PostAuthor: Rhodes » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:06 pm

It would make me happy to no end that the majority of Americans fit the description of Traditional American. But I caution that it may not be so since it has always been the few leading the many. During the height of the Revolutionary War only about one third supported and/or engaged the war against Briton. Only about 3% actually were involved in combat. But what a grand minority it was proving that an idea can be stronger than steel. Do not let numbers be your barometer in the cause of liberty but judge by the conviction or your brothers and sisters in arms.

It is a time of re-evaluation we find ourselves. If we are to restore Constitutional governance we cannot and must not cherry pick only what we would wish to follow and ignore the rest. That is exactly why we find ourselves in this mess today. America was never intended to be the worlds police force nor governor and many founders warned of this kind of foreign entanglement. They warned for good reason though as we look back into history can any say what would be had we not tipped the scales of WW1? BTW this was a war even more full of lies and government propaganda than even what is claimed about Iraq or Vietnam. Our intervention virtually assured a WW2 no matter how good our intentions. Like it or not there is sound wisdom to the policy "friend to all allied to none" that the founders took special pains to implement.
Rhodes
Registered Member
Registered Member

PostAuthor: hoodoo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 pm

I believe that strong men and nations, on the side of freedom, are obligated to help each other against tyranny. We are the most powerful Nation on OUR side and there ARE reasons to wage war. The Founders knew that, did that, and would be applauding all righteous defence of freedom anywhere. I refuse to remain uninvolved when bad people are hurting or enslaving others, on our streets ar anywhere I am. I feel anything else is cowardice whether men or nations. We Americans are the force for OUR side in freedom's fight. I for one will never remain "uninvolved".
@fredbhouck

hoodoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostAuthor: Rhodes » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 pm

I completely understand your admirable position on this matter, if things were to remain in this pure form as you describe there may not have been the dire consequences we experience today. This deserves a topic all its own so not to hijack the thread, interesting as the subject is Im sure we can take it up later.
Rhodes
Registered Member
Registered Member

PostAuthor: hoodoo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Traditional Americans are united in restoring the Constitution and our Founding principles to OUR government actions. WHEN we succeed, it will be possible to "to remain in this pure form". It is the best form. It is the form we seek. It is also the form we demand !
@fredbhouck

hoodoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostAuthor: Chuck » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:15 am

Hey Fred,

No apoplexy please. We are the choir. Save the emotion for when it is needed.

I love you man!

Does anybody know who rhetoric is and if so can I get his "number"?
Without the hearts and minds of men, there is nothing
...refuse to willingly submit to illegal usurpation of power by the Central Government.
Chuck
Moderators
Moderators

Next

Return to Why Are We Here?